Monday, April 27, 2015

Recording 6: Intonation

For this recording I decided to mark the intonation on the transcript and try to imitate it.

One thing that I noticed was that stress is produced mainly thorugh syllable length and volume, not so much through pitch. There are a few places where pitch is more pronounced (underlined and highlighted in yellow) but it's still less so than in English. Even though I practiced many times, when I listened to the recording I realized I still make the pitch higher than it should be.

Another difference from English is that it's much more flat overall. There are long stretches where the pitch stays the same, usually on the low side. This was also quite difficult to accomplish but I think I managed to do so in most places.




No comments:

Post a Comment